Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Guardian- Part of chapter 1

Chapter one

"One upon a time, there lived a dorky, boring girl, who live a dorky, boring life, and then that's it. The end... Okay, that's totaly not the story, but it might as well be. I mean, that's what it feels like. " I grumbled to myself as I kicked a little pebble around. It was probably 100 degrees out today, just like it always here in Miami. I wish it'd be different, for atleast one day. But what can I do about it?

I kicked the dark pebble again, and again, and again until the pebble flew off into a different direction. "Jeez, even pebbles don't want to be around me. " I muttered under my breath as I continued my walk to my same old boring school, St. Marry's Catholic secondary school.

St. Marry's must be the most strikt catholic school their is. You can't even say the Lord's name in vain without a pasing teacher hearing you, then throwing your sorry ass into detention. Which is why almost half the school is always in detention.

I sighed as I saw the big, boldfaced letters 'St.Marry's'. I stood infront of the school door, deciding if I should go in or not. What's skipping one day of school gonna do to me? But I knew if I turned my back to the school and walked off, one of the teachers or nuns from the church across the school would push me threw the doors and into my classroom. With a grin on their face.

I placed my palm on the glass door and pushed it. A loud, scratchy noise came from the door's hinges as the door opened. This school needed some work done it, or it'll probably collapse next week. This school was probably buit in the 1800's. I really wouldn't be surprised if just slamming a door would be the cause for this old building to fall to pieces.

The halls of the ancient building were filled with high school students hanging around their lockers, chatting anout who-knows-what. No one payed attention to me as I walked past them, heading towards my locker all the way at the end of the hall, or also known as 'The Loser Section'.

I dragged my feet as I walked over to my locker. Everything was so goddamn boring. You'd think, living in Miami, life would be more exciting, but it isn't. It never is. Not for my boring ,17 year old, dorky self, or really for anyone.

As I reached my locker, I spotted Lin. Lin is my best friend. We've known each other since we've been in diapers. Were very similar, and kinda the same. Except for the fact that Lin can find a boyfriend and not even one guy would look my way.



There will be mistakes. It's a rough draft. This is only PART of chapter one.

3 comments:

Hesbell said...

Yes a lot of grammar, spelling and punctuation mistakes. You also left out words in some sentences. Read over your work before you post it! >___<

Anonymous said...

LEARN HOW TO SPELL WOMAN!
It's Catholic not CHAOLIC
and it's strict not strickt

Red-Rose said...

I told you it was just a rough draft! I didn't have time to read over it `cause I had to go! That's why it was cut off! Jeez!